Lebanese Canadian Association of the North
The Lebanese Canadian Association of the North, LCAN, is a non-political, non-sectarian association. It was registered as an NGO in the Ministry of Interior in 2013 under the number 1241/2013.
LCAN was officially launched on June 29, 2011 in a formal ceremony held at the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture of Tripoli in the presence of H.E. Hilary Childs-Adams, former Ambassador of Canada to Lebanon.
To support Lebanese Canadian society in North Lebanon and activate cooperation between Canadian and Lebanese organizations by encouraging joint projects in all social, cultural, educational and commercial fields.
To become a well-respective and effective association for Lebanese Canadians in North Lebanon to promote both Canadian and Lebanese Values.
1. Community care
1. To promote friendship and understanding among Lebanese and Canadian people by disseminating the knowledge of Lebanese and Canadian values, including tolerance.
2. To contribute in the organization of socio-economical activities in North Lebanon.
3. To be a social reference for Canadians living in North Lebanon.
4. To enhance academic collaboration between Canada and Lebanon by promoting Canadian educational institutions in North Lebanon.
5. To encourage and stimulate business and franchise exchange between Canada and Lebanon.
1. Organize community events such as annual dinners.
2. Organize community get-togethers, movie nights, family trips, touristic tours, etc.
3. Organize educational and cultural seminars, technical workshops, and training seminars.
4. Celebrate, promote and share major Canadian occasions such as Canada day.
5. Participate in major educational and cultural events in Lebanon such as Tripoli annual book fair.
6. Facilitate visits and meetings of Canadian officials and guests to North Lebanon.
7. Collaborate with Canadian organizations in Lebanon and abroad in various activities and occasions.
8. Participate in the distribution of Canadian NGOs’ grants and donations for the benefit of the Lebanese in need.
1. Collaborate with the Canadian government and other international organizations in solving environmental matters facing the North-Lebanese community such as clean energy, waste management, recycling, and sewage treatment.
2. Launch student exchange programs between Lebanese and Canadian universities.
3. Organize touristic and business trips between Canada and Lebanon to encourage economic cooperation between the two countries
LCAN Board Members
Our previous Canadian Ambassadors to Lebanon.
H.E Fadi Ziadeh is the current ambassador to Canada and his mission started in 2017 .